Thursday, April 29, 2010

Experiential: Learning from Pros and Cons on Global Warming

By Tara Lafemina

In my research on global warming, I have stumbled across tons of information I had no idea about. I knew it was a big topic, but the amount of websites that contradict each other is overwhelming. It was surprisingly hard to find reliable sources that were against the belief of global warming.

My research has shed light on why this is such a controversial issue. People that believe in global warming are backed up by facts. Skeptics are more opinion based. I thought this was an interesting find. Both sides construct very different arguments.

Also, I thought that this was a good topic to write a final about. It is not material I will easily forget like finals I have taken/wrote in the past. This is something I will keep educating myself about after this class is over.

One of the most important things that have come out of this research is how to live a green life. I will apply this simple change to my life, and I hope others do the same. Something as simple as turning off the lights and shutting off water when not in use will benefit the world and our pockets.

It is interesting how one of the ways to reduce global warming involves things we learned in elementary school. This is of course, reduce, reuse and recycle. I think we can all remember learning this, I just wish more people put it to practice.

Part of the duty of being environmentally friendly involves spreading the word. Education is a powerful tool and informing others about environmental issues will make a world of difference. Even if you can just get one person to start recycling, you have done a good thing for the planet. When it comes to our surroundings, I believe every change, no matter how small, is significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment